您现在的位置是:探索 >>正文
【】
探索65654人已围观
简介If you thought the Waymo v. Uber trial wrapped up when the companies settled early last year ... wel ...
If you thought the Waymo v. Uber trial wrapped up when the companies settled early last year ... well, nope.
An unsealed federal indictment Tuesday revealed 33 charges against engineer-turned-executive Anthony Levandowski, whose arraignment is set for this afternoon in San Jose. If convicted, Levandowski faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.
Levandowski was an engineer at what was then called Project Chauffeur at Google (it later became Waymo) before he started his own autonomous truck company, Otto, in 2015. That business was quickly snatched up for $680 million by Uber, which was starting to develop its own self-driving car program.
The indictment states that Levandowski took 14,000 files related to light sensors, or LiDAR, from Google, put them on his personal laptop, and brought them to Uber.

The indictment is already affecting the self-driving industry. Last year, Levandowski launched a new driver assistance company called Pronto focused on truck drivers. When the charges were unsealed Tuesday, the company announced that Levandowski was no longer the CEO and Pronto's chief safety officer would take on the role.
"The criminal charges filed against Anthony relate exclusively to [LiDAR] and do not in any way involve Pronto’s ground-breaking technology," the statement read. "Of course, we are fully supportive of Anthony and his family during this period."
When Pronto first launched, Levandowski wrote a blog post that included the line, "Yes, I'm back."
Waymo's response to the indictment over its stolen materials was measured, calling Levandowski a "former Project Chauffeur employee." A spokesperson said in an email, "We have always believed competition should be fueled by innovation, and we appreciate the work of the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the FBI on this case.”
Uber fired Levandowski in 2017. In response to the charges, a spokesperson said, "We’ve cooperated with the government throughout their investigation and will continue to do so.”
Back in February 2018, after four days of testimony (we heard nothing from Levandowski, who invoked the Fifth Amendment), Waymo and Uber settled, with Uber agreeing to give Google parent company Alphabet .34 percent equity, worth $245 million.
UPDATE: Aug. 27, 2019, 4:40 p.m. PDT A statement from Uber was added above.
Featured Video For You
Waymo to expand driverless car company outside the U.S.
TopicsSelf-Driving CarsUber
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/95e2699878.html
相关文章
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices
探索Last week's McDonald's debacle, which saw the fast food giant forced to recall its first wearable tr ...
【探索】
阅读更多名記 :博格巴不想為曼聯踢球 因此表現不如法國隊
探索名記 :博格巴不想為曼聯踢球 因此表現不如法國隊_比賽www.ty42.com 日期:2021-11-05 09:01:00| 評論(已有311504條評論) ...
【探索】
阅读更多奧斯卡吃到職業生涯首張紅牌 海港隊提出申訴
探索奧斯卡吃到職業生涯首張紅牌 海港隊提出申訴_孫世林www.ty42.com 日期:2021-11-04 08:01:00| 評論(已有311247條評論) ...
【探索】
阅读更多