您现在的位置是:焦點 >>正文
【】
焦點17人已围观
简介An Ohio prosecutor announced on Monday afternoon that there would be no charges against the mother o ...
An Ohio prosecutor announced on Monday afternoon that there would be no charges against the mother of the boy who fell into the gorilla exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo Memorial Day weekend, an incident which caused officials to shoot and kill Harambe, a 17-year-old gorilla.
SEE ALSO:Vigil held for gorilla killed at Cincinnati ZooDuring a press conference on Monday, Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters said, "By all accounts, this mother did not act in any way where she presented this child to some harm. She had three other kids with her and turned her back. I've received dozens of emails about this case and if anyone doesn't believe a 3-year-old can scamper off very quickly, they've never had kids."
According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the boy's mother, Michelle Gregg, took her four children to the zoo on May 28: the boy, 3, and his three sisters, ages 7, 4, and 1.
After Deters' announcement, the family also issued a statement, saying:
"The family is very pleased with this decision; it is what we expected. This is one more step in allowing us to put this tragic episode behind us and return to our normal family life. We extend thanks to all of those who have been praying for us and who have supported us through this trying ordeal and praise to God for His mercy and grace."
While mourners honored Harambe with a vigil on Memorial Day, reaction to both the mother and the zoo's decision to shoot and kill Harambe have been harsh. Animal rights activists have used the incident to elevate their message opposing zoos while social media has been active with criticism of the Greggs.
The zoo has defended its actions, saying it was the first such breach in Gorilla World's 38 years of existence. The exhibit will reopen Tuesday with a higher, reinforced barrier.
While reaction to Monday's announcement on social media has been more muted compared to previous days, it was still filled with criticism of the mother, including a petition for Child Protective Services to intervene that has amassed over 60,000 signatures.
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
Legal experts previously told the Associated Press that prosecution on child endangerment or similar charges seems unlikely.
Additional reporting by the Associated Press.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/89a9999811.html
相关文章
Nate Parker is finally thinking about the woman who accused him of rape
焦點Nate Parker is getting a crash course in male privilege after, in his own words, not thinking about ...
【焦點】
阅读更多Rupert Grint transforms into a hustler for Crackle's 'Snatch'
焦點"Gangster" and "Hustler" aren't usually labels that one would place on Rupert Grint.。 But that's kin ...
【焦點】
阅读更多I'm starting to love Instagram Stories more than Snapchat because I'm incredibly thirsty
焦點Instagram and Snapchat are basically the same thing now, with one major difference: Everyone you kno ...
【焦點】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Dog elected for third term as mayor of Minnesota town
- Wikileaks says it wants to help tech companies thwart CIA hacking
- The iPhone is finally going (RED)
- Woman took out an ad on 900 taxis to propose to her boyfriend
- Airbnb activates disaster response site for Louisiana flooding
- 'Iron Fist' comics creator 'furious' over cultural appropriation complaints
最新文章
Felix the cat just raised £5000 for charity because she's the hero we all need
Thailand's red taxis are taking the petty route to drive Uber and Grab out of town
Writing grocery lists is for suckers now that robotic whiteboards are a thing
35 life lessons we learned from classic Disney princesses
Mall builds real
How NASA found India's long