您现在的位置是:焦點 >>正文
【】
焦點5179人已围观
简介We can all breathe easy now. Google says it will let users of its Chrome web browser opt-out of the ...
We can all breathe easy now. Google says it will let users of its Chrome web browser opt-out of the controversial automatic login feature that debuted earlier this month.。
Chrome had historically let users decide whether they wanted to log into the browser while using it across devices, saving them precious seconds while jumping between various Google services. But in the Chrome 69 update that rolled out earlier this month, the browser automatically signed in people who used sites like Gmail, YouTube, and Google Search.。
SEE ALSO:Google Chrome turns 10 with a fresh look, better omnibox, and more。Now, Google promises to do the right thing and give people a chance to opt-out of the automatic sign-in feature. The company says the feature was originally introduced to prevent data from leaking between accounts on shared computers (i.e. Google doesn't want to mix up the cookies on a shared machine used by multiple accounts.)。
Thanks for signing up!。

"We want to be clear that this change to sign-in does not mean Chrome sync gets turned on," Google Chrome product manager Zach Koch assured Chrome users in an announcement post. "Users who want data like their browsing history, passwords, and bookmarks available on other devices must take additional action, such as turning on sync." 。
However, not everyone was convinced. Cryptographer and professor at Johns Hopkins University, Matthew Green, was a vocal critic of the change. He argued in a scathing blog post that there was no justifiable reason for the change — at least from a security perspective.。
"Google’s reputation is hard-earned, and it can be easily lost," wrote Green. "Changes like this burn a lot of trust with users. If the change is solving an absolutely critical problem for users, then maybe a loss of trust is worth it. I wish Google could convince me that was the case."。
Luckily for Green (and thousands of other concerned users), Google will make it easy to opt-out of the automatic login feature upon the next stable release of the Chrome browser. Until then, if you're truly worried about being tracked, maybe try going back to Firefox. 。
Featured Video For You。
Featured Video For You。
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/80b3099889.html
相关文章
The U.S. will no longer have the final say on internet domain names
焦點The National Telecommunications Information Admistration (NTIA) announced via。 blog post。on Tuesday ...
【焦點】
阅读更多Fidel Castro died and people won't stop talking about Liam Neeson
焦點After former Cuban leader, Fidel Castro, passed away on Friday, people thought it would be the perfe ...
【焦點】
阅读更多'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' tickets are on sale Monday, November 28
焦點This is even better than a Tosche Station sale on power converters: Tickets for Rogue One: A Star Wa ...
【焦點】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Uber's $100M settlement over drivers as contractors may not be enough
- Tesla's Enhanced Autopilot is coming mid
- Tesla's Enhanced Autopilot is coming mid
- Tesla's Enhanced Autopilot is coming mid
- Tesla's rumored P100D could make Ludicrous mode even more Ludicrous
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' tickets are on sale Monday, November 28
最新文章
Give your kitchen sponge a rest on this adorable bed
Paralympians' pun
Tesla's Enhanced Autopilot is coming mid
Local authority instantly regrets asking public to name new gritter
Olympian celebrates by ordering an intimidating amount of McDonald's
'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' tickets are on sale Monday, November 28