您现在的位置是:綜合 >>正文
【】
綜合214人已围观
简介A few months after the NBA pulled its 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina over the s ...
A few months after the NBA pulled its 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina over the state's controversial anti-LGBT law known as House Bill 2, the NCAA has followed suit. The NCAA has pulled seven different championship events from the state.
SEE ALSO:North Carolina students allowed to use restrooms matching their gender identity, judge rulesThe NCAA made the announcement on Monday evening. The highest profile event to be yanked is a set of first and second round games from next year's NCAA men's basketball tournament (the annual "March Madness") and the 2016 Division I Women's soccer championship, scheduled to be held in December.
Tweet may have been deleted
Here's a full list of the events.
Tweet may have been deleted
House Bill 2 excludes sexual orientation and gender identity from the statewide anti-discrimination policy and supersedes any local anti-discrimination policies. The law also requires transgender people to use the bathroom corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificate.
In a statement posted online, NCAA president Mark Emmert said, "We believe in providing a safe and respectful environment at our events and are committed to providing the best experience possible for college athletes, fans and everyone taking part in our championships."
The statement goes on to list four specific reasons for pulling the championships from North Carolina, three of which specifically cite the anti-LGBT law and the fourth listing the five states that have prohibited travel to North Carolina by "public employees and representatives of public institutions" due to the anti-LGBT bills (New York, Minnesota, Washington, Vermont and Connecticut).
Tweet may have been deleted
While the NBA has awarded the 2017 All-Star Game to New Orleans and said it will reconsider bringing the All-Star Game back to Charlotte in 2019, the NCAA doesn't mention where the affected championships will be relocated to.
But those sites will be chosen from a list of candidates who filled out questionnaires earlier this year.
TopicsLGBTQ
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/57d8999853.html
相关文章
Australian football makes history with first LGBT Pride Game
綜合The rainbow flag took over Melbourne's Etihad Stadium Saturday night in a powerful statement of acce ...
【綜合】
阅读更多Woman smuggles cat in her carry
綜合Oh, Canada. 。A cat-loving woman has been sent home by New Zealand customs officials after they found ...
【綜合】
阅读更多10 tips for new writers from a self
綜合It's that time when many people look to the year ahead as an opportunity to reassess their goals. If ...
【綜合】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Felix the cat just raised £5000 for charity because she's the hero we all need
- This airline sacrificed a goat on the tarmac before its flight took off
- We put too much trust in algorithms and it's hurting our most vulnerable
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill break up and now the queen has more time to conquer
- Photos show the Blue Cut fire blazing a path of destruction in California
- Technology meets nature in beautiful 'Plant Your Mac' photo series
最新文章
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices
Report explains the privacy issues of wearable health data collection
Mr. No Fun Paul Ryan shuts down kid who tries to dab
5 easy tricks to make your iPhone storage last longer
This chart shows just how high Simone Biles can jump
World map proves basically every country has a terrible tourism slogan