您现在的位置是:探索 >>正文
【】
探索8人已围观
简介UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will h ...
UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will hold a meeting on Friday, Feb 14. to decide whether to cancel the MWC in Barcelona altogether this year.
Intel, Vivo and NTT Docomo have joined the growing list of companies who have completely or partially withdrawn from this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Previously, Amazon, Ericsson, LG, Nvidia, Sony, TCL and ZTE said they will not attend (or will significantly scale down their presence) due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Vivo, the latest to withdraw, said on Tuesday it has "decided to withdraw from our debut at MWC 2020 and other related events later this month in Barcelona, Spain."
"The health and safety of our employees and the public are our top priority," a Vivo spokesperson said via email.
The company originally planned to announce its Apex 2020 concept phone at the MWC; now, it'll be introduced "soon."
Intel cited the "safety and wellbeing" of employees as its reasoning for completely withdrawing from the event, and NTT released a similar statement.
Besides these major exhibitors, a number of smaller companies, including Accedian and Amdocs, have also confirmed to Mashable their withdrawal from this year's MWC.
SEE ALSO:Mobile World Congress will be a ghost town this yearThe MWC 2020 takes place in Barcelona from February 24-27. It's a major mobile technology and telecommunications event with a typical attendance of more than 100,000. But this year, the coronavirus outbreak, which has so far taken 1,016 lives and infected more than 43,000 people globally, has prompted numerous exhibitors and participants to withdraw from the event.
MWC's organizer, the GSMA, has introduced stringent measures to reduce the danger, including temperature screening, banning access to travelers from China's Hubei province, and requiring all travelers who have been in China to demonstrate proof they have been outside of China for at least 14 days. At the time of writing, the event is officially still on.
TopicsMobile World CongressCOVID-19
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/33c51599451.html
相关文章
One of the most controversial power struggles in media comes to a close
探索One of the world's biggest media companies has been embroiled in a complex personal and professional ...
【探索】
阅读更多Scamming in 'World of Warcraft' taught me teenage confidence
探索It’s Cheat Week at Mashable. Join us as we take a look at how liars, scammers, grifters, and e ...
【探索】
阅读更多$70,000 iPhone 11 Pro has a gold
探索So you saved some money and are looking for a phone. Good. Here's one that costs $70,000. Coming fro ...
【探索】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Is Samsung's Galaxy Note7 really the best phone?
- The Amazon rainforest has a point of no return
- We regret to inform you that you can now date Colonel Sanders in KFC's new dating sim
- Seth Meyers' Netflix special gives fans a way to skip the Trump jokes
- Katy Perry talks 'Rise,' her next batch of songs, and how to survive Twitter
- Not just Big Tech: FBI gets personal data from banks and universities, too
最新文章
Here's what 'Game of Thrones' actors get up to between takes
14 of the most astounding astronomy photos taken in 2019
David Harbour recreated THAT scene from 'The Shining' and it's frankly terrifying
David Harbour recreated THAT scene from 'The Shining' and it's frankly terrifying
Michael Phelps says goodbye to the pool with Olympic gold
Support for Facebook's cryptocurrency is already falling apart