您现在的位置是:綜合 >>正文
【】
綜合29269人已围观
简介China, the largest gaming market, has not approved any video game licenses for at least four months ...
China, the largest gaming market, has not approved any video game licenses for at least four months due to President Xi Jinping's recent government shake up (read: power consolidation), reports Bloomberg.
Although China is notoriously stringent with media censorship, this game licensing freeze is taking the vetting process one step further.
SEE ALSO:Google is developing a censored news app for ChinaUnnamed sources told Bloomberg that officials are concerned over sex and violence displayed in these games, and it's been impacting games across all platforms: console, online, and even mobile.
The National Radio and Television Administration (the agency that grants game licenses) and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism (the agency that lays out game registration procedures) command the game approval, and both are tightening the process after undergoing personnel changes and restructuring earlier this year.
Companies of all sizes — from Chinese-based multinational gaming giant Tencent to fledgling developers — are all impacted by this ban. Tencent just suffered a profit drop (the first after a decade of nonstop growth) and smaller companies cannot get their names out.
“We don’t think that the regulation will impact the sector forever,” Shawn Yang, the executive director for Hong Kong-based investment advisement firm Blue Lotus, said on Bloomberg Television today.
"China’s whole online gaming industry is having some issues — not only because of regulation but also because Chinese gamers are becoming more mature and selective."
Video games in China have also been criticized for communicating non-socialist ideals (conflicting with the president's repeated mantra of "socialism with Chinese characteristics"), so the future of video games in China remains uncertain.
The biggest game of the year Fortnite can't even be accessed online at the moment there, and others like Monster Hunter are embroiled in controversy. Sigh.
The government is always freezing our fun.
Featured Video For You
The longest sea-crossing bridge EVER is about to open
TopicsGamingGovernment
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/1b52599473.html
相关文章
U.S. pole vaulter skids to a halt for national anthem
綜合An American pole vaulter took his patriotism to the next level at the Olympics. 。Sam Kendricks, a sec ...
【綜合】
阅读更多Marine conservation efforts just took a major step forward
綜合Ocean conservation efforts took a significant step forward on Friday when a measure to protect 30 pe ...
【綜合】
阅读更多Celebrities release powerful video to support #WithRefugees campaign
綜合Celebrities are taking a public stance to support the #WithRefugees campaign.On Monday, the United N ...
【綜合】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Early Apple
- Adorable barber shop dog just wants a little off the ears, please
- People sharing Roald Dahl quotes on Twitter will brighten your day
- Genius creates iMessage extension to bring more lyrics to your messages
- 'Rocket League' Championship Series Season 2 offers $250,000 prize pool
- Don't put words in J.K. Rowling's mouth or she will Tweet you into oblivion
最新文章
This company is hiring someone just to drink all day
iOS 10 is wreaking havoc on some iPhones
Genius creates iMessage extension to bring more lyrics to your messages
This is the only 'Apple Watch' that can get you drunk
The U.S. will no longer have the final say on internet domain names
Why this Muslim teenage girl created a hijab emoji