您现在的位置是:休閑 >>正文
【】
休閑4891人已围观
简介Donald Trump's transition team has confirmed that Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump's national sec ...
Donald Trump's transition team has confirmed that Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump's national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, has lost his job. The announcement follows a series of tweets in which Flynn Jr. fanned the #Pizzagate conspiracy theory.
SEE ALSO:An armed vigilante decided to investigate 'Pizzagate,' is quickly arrestedFlynn, 33, "was helping his father with some administration and scheduling duties early on in the transition process," Trump team spokesman Jason Miller said, adding that he is "no longer involved with the transition efforts."
In one of his tweets, Flynn Jr said: "Until #Pizzagate proven to be false, it'll remain a story. The left seems to forget #PodestaEmails and the many "coincidences" tied to it."
Tweet may have been deleted
Earlier this week, the #Pizzagate hoax led to a gunman firing shots inside the restaurant. The gunman, 28-year-old, Edgar Maddison Welch of Salisbury, North Carolina, was arrested after entering Comet Ping Pong armed with an assault rifle and firing a shot.
Welch claimed he was investigating conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton and campaign chairman John Podesta running a child sex ring inside of the pizzeria.
Though the The New York Timesdebunked the fake news story back in November, the buzz generated on social media sites continued.
While the Trump team confirmed Flynn's departure, it didn't confirm it was related to the tweets.
Vice President-elect Mike Pence acknowledged Tuesday that the younger Flynn was helping his father with scheduling and administrative items during the presidential transition, but told CNN"that's no longer the case."
Asked repeatedly whether a security clearance was requested, Pence refused to answer directly. "Whatever the appropriate paperwork was to assist him in that regard, Jake, I'm sure was taking place," he said.
Gen. Flynn, 57, also posted fake news on social media.
Less than a week before the election, he tweeted a link to a story that falsely claimed Clinton emails contained proof of money laundering and sex crimes involving children, among other illegal activities. The incoming national security adviser called the baseless story a "must read" and instructed his followers: "U decide."
The Associated Press contributed reporting.
Featured Video For You
Did Trump orchestrate the 'Hamilton' debacle to distract us or is life just a distraction?
TopicsDonald Trump
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/17c7899904.html
相关文章
This chart shows just how high Simone Biles can jump
休閑American gymnast Simone Biles has dominated the Rio Olympics with five medals (four of them gold) bu ...
【休閑】
阅读更多The 17 best tweets of the week, including beans, Trump memes, and Speed Racer
休閑Another quarantine week down! Only anindeterminate, indefinite, perhaps infinite amountleft to go.I' ...
【休閑】
阅读更多Modder makes a portable Wii out of the body of a GameBoy Color
休閑Ever wonder what it would look like if the Nintendo Wii and GameBoy Color had a baby? Well, now you ...
【休閑】
阅读更多
热门文章
- New Zealand designer's photo series celebrates the elegance of aging
- How the hottest, most extreme temperatures in the world are verified
- Everything coming to HBO Max in September 2020
- NASA would really like it if you stared at the moon on Saturday night
- Mall builds real
- Are Apple One plans a good deal? We crunched the numbers to find out.
最新文章
Felix the cat just raised £5000 for charity because she's the hero we all need
Can you still play 'Fortnite' on iOS and Android?
Slack fixes major vulnerability that left desktop users open to attack
Pixel 4a 5G renders show a familiar design, with 1 surprise
The five guys who climbed Australia's highest mountain, in swimwear
California's Apple Fire spawns towering smoky clouds