您现在的位置是:娛樂 >>正文
【】
娛樂15731人已围观
简介LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the s ...
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the show.
SEE ALSO:We took a wild racecar ride with The Stig from 'Top Gear'The British presenter, who replaced Jeremy Clarkson and Co. after the infamous 2015 "fracas" which resulted in the decision not to renew Clarkson's contract, announced his resignation via a tweet on Monday afternoon.
Tweet may have been deleted
Evans followed up the announcement by saying that he'll continue to focus on his other projects, including Radio Two and Children in Need.
Tweet may have been deleted
"Chris is stepping down from his duties on Top Gear," wrote BBC Studios Director Mark Linsey in an online statement. "He says he gave it his best shot doing everything he could to make the show a success. He firmly believes that the right people remain, on both the production team and presenting team to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be.
"The new series has so far notched up over 30 million views in the UK alone and has already been sold to 130 territories worldwide."
In his own statement, Evans said he'll always be a fan of the show but that stepping down was the "single best thing" he could do.
“I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last twelve months," he said. "I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause. I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be. I will continue to focus on my radio show and the allied events that it encompasses.”
Matt LeBlanc and the other presenters weren't mentioned in any of the statements, but Linsey's comments -- particularly the bit about the right people remaining -- seems to imply he'll be staying.
Mashablehas reached out to the BBC with additional questions and we will update this article if we receive a response.
UPDATE: July 4, 2016, 4:17 p.m. BST The BBC has confirmed to Mashablethat Matt LeBlanc's role will be staying the same, and that there are "no plans" to replace Chris Evans for the show's next season.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
TopicsBBC
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://www.new.maomao321.com/news/05c9799897.html
相关文章
Here's what 'Game of Thrones' actors get up to between takes
娛樂Warning: Contains some mild Season 6 spoilers right at the end (the video is spoiler-free). 。LONDON - ...
【娛樂】
阅读更多We put too much trust in algorithms and it's hurting our most vulnerable
娛樂If the past few years have taught us anything, it's that algorithms should not be blindly trusted.Th ...
【娛樂】
阅读更多Facebook Live wants users at any cost—even porn, piracy, and polling
娛樂UPDATE:Jan. 3, 2017, 10:30 a.m. EST:Facebook reached out to Mashable after publication of this story ...
【娛樂】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Wikipedia co
- Augmented reality app from IBM and NY Times tries to make history fun
- Best esports plays of the week: : 1 shot, 2 kills from 'CS:GO' pro
- Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds documentary to premiere on HBO
- Satisfy your Olympics withdrawals with Nike's latest app
- You can finally play 'Pokémon Go' on an Apple Watch
最新文章
Samsung Galaxy Note7 teardown reveals the magic behind the phone's iris scanner
Meet the hardware hackers rebelling against Samsung
Mr. No Fun Paul Ryan shuts down kid who tries to dab
10 tips for new writers from a self
17 questions you can answer if you're a good communicator
Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds documentary to premiere on HBO